Where: Russian Federation (54.3° N, 85.9° E: paleocoordinates 31.4° N, 14.5° E)
• coordinate based on political unit
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Middle Salairka Beds Member (Salairka Horizon Formation), Early/Lower Emsian (409.1 - 402.5 Ma)
• Here are the subdivisions of the Telengitian Stage in type locality. Authors correlate stage roughly with Emsian, but note that the Salairka Horizon is said to correlate with the dehiscens Zone, which, according to Harland et al. 1990 is Pragian.
•JA: the dehiscens zone is actually early Emsian
•Telengitian Stage Shanda Horizon Upper Shanda Beds c.partitus/c.patulus Zone
•Telengitian Stage Shanda Horizon Middle Shanda Beds serotinus Zone
•Telengitian Stage Shanda Horizon Lower Shanda Beds P.n.sp./inversus Zone
•Telengitian Stage Belovo Horizon gronbergi Zone
•Telengitian Stage Salairka Horizon Upper Salairka Beds dehiscens Zone
•Telengitian Stage Salairka Horizon Middle Salairka Beds dehiscens Zone
•Telengitian Stage Salairka Horizon Lower Salairka Beds dehiscens Zone
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; reef rocks and limestone
•A: "consists mainly of biogenic-clastic limestone."
• A1: "coral limestones interbedded with siltstones and mudstones containing plant remains"
• A2: "massive reefal limestones" / "biogenic-clastic limestones, locally with coral bioherms"
•B: "composed chiefly of mudstones"
• B1: "interbedded with limestones and richly fossiliferous"
• B2: "barren"
•C: "consists of bedded, platy, clayey limestones locally marked by traces of subaqueous slumping"
•D: "may be equated with a sandy-muddy member with abundant plant remains"
Size class: macrofossils
Primary reference: E. A. Yolkin, R. T. Gratsianova, N. K. Bakharev, N. E. Izokh, A. Yu Yazikov, L. V. V'yushkova, V. A. Zheltonogova and N. M. Petrosyan. 1988. Facies and faunal associations of the Telengitian (Emsian) in its type locality. In N. J. McMillan, A. F. Embry, D. J. Glass (eds.), Devonian of the World, Volume III 193-207 [M. Foote/M. Foote/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 35711: authorized by Michael Foote, entered by Michael Foote on 05.01.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)