Also known as Blyumental-1, locality 27 (Tverdokhlebov et al, 2003); Burtya River basin, Saratov Univ 104/13, 19
Where: Orenburg, Russian Federation (51.3° N, 55.7° E: paleocoordinates 31.6° N, 46.7° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Kopanaskya Formation, Induan (252.2 - 251.2 Ma)
• Mainly confined to the middle part of the Vetluzhian series (Ochev, 1978).
•"Kopanskaya Svita. Lower Triassic." (Tverdokhlebov et al., 2003). These authors assign the Kopanskaya Svita to the Induan stage (ibid. fig. 2).
•Originally entered group name >>Vetluzhian<< is removed for it is no lithostratigraphic term (TL).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: "channel"; medium-grained, pebbly, brown, yellow sandstone
•Originally enterd paleoenvironment >>karst indet.<< was modified accordingly (TL).
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the PIN
• Collections of Saratov University, now (entirely?) transferred to the PIN.
Primary reference: V. G. Ochev (Otschev). 1978. On the morphology of Chasmatosuchus. Paleontological Journal 2:98-105 [J. Alroy/R. Whatley/J. Head]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 37037: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Robin Whatley on 24.02.2004, edited by Torsten Liebrecht
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)