Also known as D-1055
Where: California (35.9° N, 120.2° W: paleocoordinates 34.9° N, 114.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Temblor Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• From top of same massive silty sandstone bed as D-1054, about 20 ft stratigraphically above D-1054. From faunizone A (for that reason assigned an early Miocene age).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; fine-grained, brown, silty sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UMMP
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by Adegoke. Collections reposited in UCMP.
Primary reference: O.S. Adegoke. 1969. Stratigraphy and paleontology of the marine Neogene formations of the Coalinga region, California. University of California Publications in Geological Sciences 80 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 44897: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 19.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)