Also known as D-1065
Where: Frensno County, California (36.0° N, 120.2° W: paleocoordinates 34.9° N, 114.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Temblor Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• Collections made from a set of three sandstone ledges. From faunizone A (zone 2) (for that reason assigned an early Miocene age).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, fine-grained, gray sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by O. Adegoke. Collectetions reposited at UCMP.
Primary reference: O.S. Adegoke. 1969. Stratigraphy and paleontology of the marine Neogene formations of the Coalinga region, California. University of California Publications in Geological Sciences 80 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 44912: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)