Also known as A-9739
Where: Frensno County, California (35.9° N, 120.2° W: paleocoordinates 35.2° N, 115.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Temblor Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• From approx. 150 ft stratigraphic interval. Sandstone with interbedded siltstone from below D-1048. From faunizone B (zone 3) (for that reason assigned an middle Miocene age).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, medium-grained, brown, gray, silty sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by J. Durham, 1953 and 1956. Collectetions reposited at UCMP.
Primary reference: O.S. Adegoke. 1969. Stratigraphy and paleontology of the marine Neogene formations of the Coalinga region, California. University of California Publications in Geological Sciences 80 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 44940: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)