Also known as D -1076
Where: Frensno County, California (36.3° N, 120.4° W: paleocoordinates 35.6° N, 116.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Temblor Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• From the lowest three sandstone ledges cropping out on hill. Each ledge is approx. 2.5 feet thick and separated from others by variable intervals of silty sandstone. Total thickness of around 30 ft. From faunizone B (zone 3) (for that reason assigned an middle Miocene age).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; gray, white, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by O. Adegoke. Collectetions reposited at UCMP.
Primary reference: O.S. Adegoke. 1969. Stratigraphy and paleontology of the marine Neogene formations of the Coalinga region, California. University of California Publications in Geological Sciences 80 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 44980: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)