Also known as B-7085
Where: Frensno County, California (36.3° N, 120.4° W: paleocoordinates 35.6° N, 116.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Temblor Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• Collection from a "button" bed near the top of the hill. From faunizone B (zone 3) (for that reason assigned an middle Miocene age).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by O. Adegoke. Collectetions reposited at UCMP.
Primary reference: O.S. Adegoke. 1969. Stratigraphy and paleontology of the marine Neogene formations of the Coalinga region, California. University of California Publications in Geological Sciences 80 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 44988: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)