Also known as 31a
Where: Lincoln County, Nevada (37.9° N, 114.5° W: paleocoordinates 3.3° S, 93.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Log Cabin Member (Pioche Shale Formation), St Davids (513.0 - 501.0 Ma)
• "Lower Cambrian Limestone and interbedded siliceous shales of the Pioche Formation, just above quartzite" [Walcott, 1908a, p. 11; Walcott, 1912, p. 192]. Probably correlates to Delamaran stage. Early Middle Cambrian in age. The Log Cabin Member is approximately 50 m thick in the Pioche Hills.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shelly/skeletal, calcareous limestone and silty mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the USNM
• Described specimens are deposited in the US National Museum, Washington, D.C. No preparatory or collection methods described.
Primary reference: C. D. Walcott. 1908. Cambrian sections of the Cordilleran area. Smithsonian Miscellaneous Collections 53(5):167-230 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 50115: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.05.2005, edited by Jonathan Marcot
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)