Where: Malaysia (4.3° N, 101.1° E: paleocoordinates 30.8° S, 113.6° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Misellina claudiae foram zone, H.S. Lee Formation, Kungurian (279.3 - 272.3 Ma)
• Most come from 4 m-thick alatoconchid zone in the upper 15 m. Some bivalves may come from the gastropod limestones but they are not common in those beds.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; lithified, white limestone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by D.J. Gobbett
• All specimens are housed in the collections of the Geology Department, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Primary reference: T. E. Yancey. 1985. Bivalvia of the H. S. Lee Formation (Permian) of Malaysia. Journal of Paleontology 59(5):1286-1297 [T. Olszewski/L. Fall/L. Fall]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 51566: authorized by Tom Olszewski, entered by Leigh Fall on 08.06.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)