Also known as Sando et al. Cherry Creek Loc.28
Where: Fremont County, Wyoming (42.6° N, 108.7° W: paleocoordinates 0.8° N, 39.5° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Anthracospirifer welleri-shawi zone, Horseshoe Member (Amsden Formation), Chesterian to Chesterian (339.4 - 314.6 Ma)
• Sandstone 45 ft above base of Amsden Fm. "Carlinia amsdeniana subzone. Late Mississippian (Chesterian)."
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified, red, silty, sandy, calcareous shale and gypsiferous, shelly/skeletal limestone
Reposited in the UW
• "Collected by W.G. Bell, 1954."
Primary reference: W. J. Sando, M. Gordon, Jr., and J. T. Dutro. 1975. Stratigraphy and geologic history of the Amsden Formation (Mississippian and Pennsylvanian) of Wyoming. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 848A:1-83 [J. Alroy/M. Sommers/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 5694: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Mike Sommers on 15.11.1999
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)