Also known as Sando et al. Amsden Creek Loc.64
Where: Sheridan County, Wyoming (44.9° N, 107.3° W: paleocoordinates 4.5° N, 34.3° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Ranchester Member (Amsden Formation), Morrowan (318.1 - 314.6 Ma)
• Limestone 96.5-97.5 ft above base of Amsden Fm. "Pennsylvanian (Morrowan)."
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore shelf; lithified, lenticular, concretionary, gray, yellow, sandy, cherty/siliceous dolomite and green, red shale
Reposited in the USGS
• "Collected by W.J. Sando and K.R. Moore, 1965."
Primary reference: W. J. Sando, M. Gordon, Jr., and J. T. Dutro. 1975. Stratigraphy and geologic history of the Amsden Formation (Mississippian and Pennsylvanian) of Wyoming. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 848A:1-83 [J. Alroy/M. Sommers/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 5729: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Mike Sommers on 17.11.1999
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)