Also known as Sando et al. Tip Top Loc.71
Where: Sublette County, Wyoming (42.4° N, 110.3° W: paleocoordinates 4.4° N, 37.4° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Ranchester Member (Amsden Formation), Atokan (318.1 - 311.4 Ma)
• Limestone 30-55 ft below top of Amsden Fm. "Pennsylvanian (Atokan)."
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore shelf; lithified, lenticular, concretionary, gray, yellow, sandy, cherty/siliceous dolomite and green, red shale
Collection methods: core,
• "Fossils listed by Marzolf, 1965, p.4."
Primary reference: W. J. Sando, M. Gordon, Jr., and J. T. Dutro. 1975. Stratigraphy and geologic history of the Amsden Formation (Mississippian and Pennsylvanian) of Wyoming. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 848A:1-83 [J. Alroy/M. Sommers/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 5734: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Mike Sommers on 17.11.1999
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)