Also known as Sando et al. Moffat Trail Loc.76
Where: Lincoln County, Wyoming (42.9° N, 110.8° W: paleocoordinates 1.5° N, 41.0° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Caninia zone, Moffat Trail Member (Amsden Formation), Chesterian to Chesterian (339.4 - 318.1 Ma)
• Limestone 217 ft above base of Amsden Fm. "Late Mississippian (Chesterian)."
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore shelf; lithified, dolomitic, shelly/skeletal, gray, yellow limestone
Reposited in the USGS
• "Collected by J.T. Dutro, Jr. and Mario Suarez, 1966."
Primary reference: W. J. Sando, M. Gordon, Jr., and J. T. Dutro. 1975. Stratigraphy and geologic history of the Amsden Formation (Mississippian and Pennsylvanian) of Wyoming. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 848A:1-83 [J. Alroy/M. Sommers/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 5739: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Mike Sommers on 17.11.1999
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)