Where: Dominican Republic (19.5° N, 71.3° W: paleocoordinates 19.5° N, 70.5° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Cercado Formation, Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• Zone I. From unknown formation (Possibly Cercado, Gurabo or Mao) at the time of writing. Section approximately 50 ft thick, 680 ft from base of section. Later shown to be correlated to the Cercado Fm.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; poorly lithified, green claystone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: concretion, original aragonite
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collections reposited at Cornell University and now reside at PRI.
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1917. Santo Domingo type sections and fossils. Bulletins of American Paleontology 5(30):1-43 [A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 58869: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.02.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)