Where: Bolivar, Colombia (9.8° N, 75.0° W: paleocoordinates 9.1° N, 72.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• Middle Miocene age based on correlation with other Caribbean fossil assemblages and by stratigraphic relations. Thickness in teh Zambrano-Carmen section may e as much as 5,000 ft. Fossils are stratigraphically lower than those from Esperanza.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the PRI
• Collections reposited at Cornell University (now PRI collections). Many collections collected by C.C. Anderson.
Primary reference: N.E. Weisbord. 1929. Miocene Mollusca of Northern Colombia. Bulletin of American Paleontology 14(54):1-310 [A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 60688: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.05.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)