Also known as "level Dolnice 1" (?); Delitz, Dölitz
Where: Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic (50.1° N, 12.4° E: paleocoordinates 50.4° N, 10.9° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: MN 4 (16.9 - 16.0 Ma)
• The Dolnice locality belongs to the upper part of the so called "coal seam beds" and is located immediately above the main lignite seam with its grey and brown mudstones (so called "Kapuzin-Tone"). The "coal seam beds" are overlain by the muddy to clayey Cypris beds which are characterized by ostracode bearing freshwater limestone lenses. The upper "coal seam beds" are subdivided into 3 fossiliferous horizons, named Dolnice 1-3 of which Dolnice 1 is the stratigraphically deepest (Fejfar, 1974).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: fluvial-lacustrine; calcareous siltstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• This collection comprises fossils which have been collected during systematic excavations in the second half of the 20th century. All(?) of the material is housed in the Department of Paleontology of the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Charles University, Prague (DP-FNSP).
Primary reference: O. Fejfar, M. Rummel, and Y. Tomida. 1998. New eomyid genus and species from the Early Miocene (MN-zones 3-4) of Europe and Japan related to Apeomys (Eomyidae, Rodentia, Mammalia). National Science Museum Monographs 14:123-143 [L. van den Hoek Ostende/L. van den Hoek Ostende]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 68711: authorized by Lars van den Hoek Ostende, entered by Lars van den Hoek Ostende on 03.02.2007, edited by Torsten Liebrecht
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)