Where: Argentina (41.7° S, 71.4° W: paleocoordinates 43.6° S, 63.1° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Rio Foyel Formation, Early/Lower Oligocene (33.9 - 28.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Rio Foyel Fm. Unknown stratigraphic relations. THICKNESS: From lower 7 m of 18 m thick section. AGE: Considered to be Late Eocene to Early Oligocene according to foraminiferal, ostracod and microfloral biostratigraphy by Chiesa and Camacho (2001). Griffin et al. (2004) indicated an Early Oligocene age with Sr dates. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From lower part of formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified, sandy, calcareous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown collector, possibly authors (publication in spanish). REPOSITORY: Museo Nacional de Buenos Aires.
Primary reference: J. O. Chiesa and H. H. Camacho. 2001. Invertebrados marino Eocenos de la parte de Río Negro, Argentina. Revista Española de Paleontología 16(2):299-316 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 71594: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 30.04.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)