Also known as I.F. Hanuš' collection
Where: Prague, Czech Republic (50.0° N, 14.0° E: paleocoordinates 41.0° S, 49.8° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Dvorce-Prokop Formation, Pragian (410.8 - 407.6 Ma)
• "Lower Devonian (Pragian)"
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: reef, buildup or bioherm; carbonate
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by F. Hanuš in the 1900s
Collection methods: surface (float),
• "The specimens were washed out from weathered parts of the section." "collected in the early twentieth century from the St. Prokop Quarry in the southwest part of Prague by the well known Czech collector F. Hanuš." Collections "deposited in the Institute of Geology and Paleontology, Charles University, Prague."
Primary reference: A. Galle and R. L. Parsley. 2005. Epibiont relationships on hyolithids demonstrated by Ordovician trepostomes (Bryozoa) and Devonian tabulates (Anthozoa). Bulletin of Geosciences 80(2):125-138 [P. Novack-Gottshall/P. Novack-Gottshall]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 76471: authorized by Phil Novack-Gottshall, entered by Paul Hearn on 21.11.2007, edited by Phil Novack-Gottshall
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)