Where: United Kingdom (51.5° N, 0.3° W: paleocoordinates 47.0° N, 2.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: B Member (London Clay Formation), Ypresian (56.0 - 47.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Collection is a composite of members B1 and B2 of the London Clay. THICKNESS: From section between 30-35 m thick. AGE: Ypresian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: About 30-35 m of the lower London Clay, about 30 m above the base of the London Clay is exposed, comprising division B1 and B2.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified, concretionary, gray, blue, silty claystone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Many collectors, dating several decades. REPOSITORY: Not stated.
Primary reference: R. J. Williams. 2002. Observations on the London Clay excavation at Aveley, Essex. Tertiary Research 21(1-4):95-112 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 76601: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.11.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)