Where: Greece (35.2° N, 25.2° E: paleocoordinates 35.2° N, 25.2° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Aghia Varvara Formation (Vrysses Group), Messinian (7.2 - 5.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Aghia Varvara Fm of the Vrysses Gp. AGE: Early Messinian on the basis of foraminiferal biostratigraphy (N17). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From multiple localities or beds in Heraklion Basin.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deep-water; lithified, yellow marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Tsagaris, Delrieu; reposited in the MNHN
• COLLECTORS: S. Tsagaris and B. Delrieu. REPOSITORY: MNHNP, Paris.
Primary reference: I. Zorn. 1997. Holoplanktonic gastropods from the early Messinian of the Heraklion Basin (Crete, Greece). Contributions to Tertiary and Quaternary Geology 34(1-2):31-45 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 76986: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.12.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)