Where: Italy (43.7° N, 10.9° E: paleocoordinates 43.6° N, 10.8° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the upper part of the Pliocene sedimentary tectonic cycles in Arno Valley basin, which . THICKNESS: From bed within section of about 35 m thickness. AGE: Early Pliocene, on the basis of lithostratigraphic correlation, which ties this section into the Globorotalia crassaformis biozone, immediately preceding the middle Pliocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unit 3, near the middle of the section, collected in shelly silt layer in the upper part of facies 3b.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lagoonal; unlithified, bioturbated, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Benvenuti & Dominici
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTORS: Presumably M. Benvenuti and S. Dominici. REPOSITORY: Presumably, Dipartmento di Scienze della Terra, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Italy.
Primary reference: M. Benvenuti and S. Dominici. 1992. Facies analysis, paleoecology and sequence stratigraphy in a Pliocene siliciclastic succession, Sanb Miniato (Pisa, Italy). Bollettino della Societa Paleontologica Italiana 31(2):241-259 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 78337: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 03.02.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)