Where: Turkey (40.7° N, 39.9° E: paleocoordinates 39.9° N, 40.3° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Kasaba Formation, Langhian (16.0 - 13.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Kasaba Fm, which regionally overlies the Uçarsu Fm (Early Miocene). AGE: Middle Miocene (Langhian) on the basis of macrofossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From bed near top of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Presumably, Y. Islamoglu. REPOSITORY: Not stated, but possibly Maden Tetkik ve Arama, Ankara, Turkey.
Primary reference: Y. Islamoglu. 2004. Kasaba Miyosen havzasinin Gastropoda faunasi (Bati Toroslar, GB Türkiye). MTA Dergisi 128:137-170 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 78550: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 07.02.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)