Also known as B-544
Where: Calvert County, Maryland (38.4° N, 76.5° W: paleocoordinates 38.6° N, 73.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Drumcliff Member (Choptank Formation), Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Drumcliff Mbr of the Choptank Fm, Chesapeake Grp. AGE: Middle Miocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From base of unit 3.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, fine-grained, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Kidwell in 1978; reposited in the YPM
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: S.K. Kidwell, 1978. REPOSITORY: Peabody Museum of Natural History, Yale University.
Primary reference: S. M. Kidwell. 1982. Stratigraphy, invertebrate taphonomy and depositional history of the Miocene Calvert and Choptank Formations, Atlantic Coastal Plain. Unpublished PhD thesis, Yale University 1-511 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taphonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 79107: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.02.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)