Where: Miami-Dade County, Florida (25.7° N, 80.3° W: paleocoordinates 25.7° N, 79.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pinecrest Member (Tamiami Formation), Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Pinecrest beds ?=Pinecrest Mbr. AGE: Late Pliocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Reposited in the PRI, UNSM
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTOR: Many collectiors, including P. and T. McGinty, R. C. Hoerle, J. Donovan, M. Nelson, El Crovo, C. Edwards, and presumably A. Olsson. REPOSITORY: Some material reposited at USNM and PRI, but also among private collections.
Primary reference: A. A. Olsson. 1967. Some Tertiary mollusks from South Florida and the Carribean. Paleontological Research Institute 1-61 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Alroy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 79761: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.03.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)