Where: Dominican Republic (19.5° N, 71.2° W: paleocoordinates 19.5° N, 70.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Gurabo Formation, Zanclean (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Gurabo Fm, which overlies the Cercado Fm, and is overlain by the Mao Fm (Pliocene). AGE: Zanclean based on age model in McNeill et al., 2008. THICKNESS: Unknown. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes. REPOSITORY: PRI. FIDELITY: Moderate ecological fidelity.
Primary reference: S. D. Cairns and J. W. Wells. 1987. Neogene paleontology in the northern Dominican Republic, 5. The suborders Caryophylliina and Dendrophylliina (Anthozoa, Scleractinia). Bulletins of American Paleontology 93(328):23-43 [W. Kiessling/U. Merkel]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80084: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 02.04.2008, edited by Uta Merkel and Matthew Clapham
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)