Where: Puerto Rico (18.3° N, 66.9° W: paleocoordinates 17.6° N, 65.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Lares Limestone Formation, Late/Upper Oligocene (28.4 - 23.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Lares Limestone which regionally overlies the Collazo Shale and is overlain by the Aguadilla Limestone, and is laterally related to the Ponce chalky beds (Late Oligocene). Correlatable to the Las Cahobe and Thomonde Fm (Haiti), Anguilla Fm (Anguilla), upper Culebra Fm (canal zone), and Tampa Fm (Florida). AGE: Late Oligocene based on macro- and microfaunal biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Reeds in 1915
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: C. Reeds (AMNH), 1915. REPOSITORY: Not stated, but is likely to be AMNH, New York.
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1920. Tertiary Mollusca from Porto Rico. Scientific Survey of Porto Rico and the Virgin Islands 3(1):1-78 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80201: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.04.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)