Where: Japan (28.3° N, 129.3° E: paleocoordinates 28.2° N, 129.3° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• hand sample-level geographic resolution
When: Holocene (0.0 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Drift material. AGE: Holocene-Recent.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: foreshore; unlithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Unknown.
Primary reference: R. Toriyama, T. Sato, T. Hamada and P. Komalarjun. 1965. Nautilus pompilius drifts on the west coast of Thailand. Contributions to the Geology and Palaeontology of Southeast Asia 20:149-161 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taphonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 82030: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.07.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)
Nautilus pompilius Linnaeus 1758 pearly nautilus