Where: Niger (14.8° N, 5.7° W: paleocoordinates 8.3° N, 10.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Kalambaina Formation, Thanetian (59.2 - 56.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit, later included within the Kalambaina Formation (Reyment, 1966). AGE: Initially middle Eocene (Lutetian) and later Early Eocene. According to Reyment (1966), the microfaunas indicate that the unit is entirely of Paleocene age. The age. The ostracode fauna is similar to that of the Ewekoro Formation of southern Nigeria, which is of late Paleocene (Thanetian, Montian) age. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position in local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lagoonal or restricted shallow subtidal; lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: Ecole des Mines, Paris (now at Université Claude-Bernard, Lyon).
Primary reference: A. K. Miller. 1951. Tertiary nautiloids of west-coastal Africa. Annales du Museé du Congo Belge Tervuren, Sciences Géologiques 8:1-88 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83985: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 13.09.2008, edited by Matthew Clapham
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)