Where: British Columbia, Canada (51.4° N, 120.2° W: paleocoordinates 6.7° N, 89.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Walcott Quarry Member (Burgess Shale Formation), Delamaran (513.0 - 505.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Great Phyllopod Bed of the Walcott Quarry Member, Burgess Shale Fm, Chancellor Gp, which overlies the Wash Limestone Mbr, and is overlain by the Raymond Quarry Shale Mbr. AGE: early Middle Cambrian, Delamaran North American stage. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 75 mm thick bed, 0 mm above "lower ginger layer, representing the base of the "Phyllopod Bed".
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deep-water; lithified, calcareous siltstone and lithified, cherty/siliceous mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression, adpression, soft parts
Reposited in the ROM
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: Royal Ontario Museum staff. REPOSTORY: Royal Ontario Museum (ROM).
Primary reference: J.-B. Caron and D. A. Jackson. 2008. Paleoecology of the Greater Phyllopod Bed community, Burgess Shale. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 258:222-256 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 84422: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.10.2008, edited by Alex Lin
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)