Where: Saskatchewan, Canada (51.5° N, 107.1° W: paleocoordinates 57.8° N, 70.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the "Belly River Fm", which is an obsolete lithostratigraphic unit in Saskatchewan (limited in foothills of Rockies and southern Alberta). AGE: Late Campanian, on the basis of ammonoid biostratigraphy; Baculites ovatus/compressus zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified sandstone and poorly lithified, bentonitic, concretionary shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMC
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: National Museum of Canada.
Primary reference: P. S. Warren. 1934. Palaeontology of the Bearpaw Formation. Transactions of the Royal Society of Canada 28:81-97 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 87443: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)