Where: Brazil (8.1° S, 34.9° W: paleocoordinates 11.7° S, 21.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• hand sample-level geographic resolution
When: Paleocene (66.0 - 56.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Probably Paleocene, according to Miller (1947). Whitfield believed that these beds were Cretaceous in age; Maury proposed that they were early Tertiary in age based on similarities with North American Cimomia and in that no ammonites have been recorded from Brazil. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position in section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, yellow limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by White
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: White, 1880's?. REPOSITORY: Museo Nacional do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1930. O Cretaceo da Parahyba do Norte. Serviço Geologico E Mineralogico do Brasil Monographia 8:1-305 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88092: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)