Where: Pernambuco, Brazil (8.8° S, 35.1° W: paleocoordinates 14.7° S, 12.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Estiva Formation, Coniacian to Coniacian (89.8 - 83.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit; Estiva Fm from de Simone & Mezzalira (1994). AGE: Late Turonian to Emscherian (Coniacian-Santonian), on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy; author suggests that Emscherian is more likely. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within local stratigraphic section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Brazil.
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1930. O Cretaceo da Parahyba do Norte. Serviço Geologico E Mineralogico do Brasil Monographia 8:1-305 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88093: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)