Where: Bahia, Brazil (14.1° S, 39.0° W: paleocoordinates 20.6° S, 11.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Algodões Formation, Late/Upper Albian (105.3 - 99.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit; Algodões Fm from de Simone & Mezzalira (1994). AGE: Late Albian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within local stratigraphic section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, fine-grained, gray, argillaceous limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Brazil.
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1930. O Cretaceo da Parahyba do Norte. Serviço Geologico E Mineralogico do Brasil Monographia 8:1-305 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88094: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)