Where: Córdoba, Colombia (8.8° N, 75.9° W: paleocoordinates 8.6° N, 75.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tubará Formation, Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Tubará Formation, which overlies the Las Pedices Group (Early Miocene), and is overlain by the Galapa Group (Late Miocene). AGE: Early Miocene, according Barrios (1960), but assigned by the enterer to the Early Pliocene based on more recent biostratigraphic correlations. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Andeson
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: F. Andeson, c. 1920's. REPOSITORY: California Academy of Sciences (CAS).
Primary reference: F. M. Anderson. 1929. Marine Miocene and related deposits of North Colombia. Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences 18(4):73-213 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88319: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)