Where: Ukraine (48.8° N, 28.0° E: paleocoordinates 17.9° S, 14.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Babin Sandstone Formation (Driester Group), Pragian (410.8 - 407.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Driester Series, and from an informally named? bed called the Babin Sandstone. AGE: Pragian, on the basis of stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From upper 5 m of section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, quartzose limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Vascautanu
Collection methods: surface (in situ), mechanical, hydrochloric,
• COLLECTOR: Vascautanu, 1930's. REPOSITORY: The specimens are deposited in the vertebrate collection of the Laboratory of Paleontology at the University of Bucharest (LPB), and in the collections of the National Geological Museum, Bucharest (MNG). PREPARATION: prepared mechanically using a mounted needle under a ZEISS binocular microscope. Some of the specimens, whose structures were too delicate to
•withstand mechanical removal of the matrix, were prepared using diluted hydrochloric acid.
Primary reference: M. Dumbrava and A. Blieck. 2005. Review of the Pteraspidiform heterostracans (Vertebrata, Agnatha) from the Devonian of Podolia, Ukraine, in the Theodor Vascautanu Collection, Bucharest, Romania. Acta Palaeontologica Romanniae 5:163-171 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90348: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.07.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)