Where: Ukraine (48.8° N, 28.0° E: paleocoordinates 17.5° S, 10.8° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Lochkovian (419.2 - 410.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unnamed lithstratigraphic unit. AGE: Lochkovian, on the basis of stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the lower part of a 50 meter thick sequence, which overlain by 5 m of shales.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, green claystone and lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Vascautanu
Collection methods: surface (in situ), mechanical, hydrochloric,
• COLLECTOR: Vascautanu, 1930's. REPOSITORY: The specimens are deposited in the vertebrate collection of the Laboratory of Paleontology at the University of Bucharest (LPB), and in the collections of the National Geological Museum, Bucharest (MNG). PREPARATION: prepared mechanically using a mounted needle under a ZEISS binocular microscope. Some of the specimens, whose structures were too delicate to
•withstand mechanical removal of the matrix, were prepared using diluted hydrochloric acid.
Primary reference: M. Dumbrava and A. Blieck. 2005. Review of the Pteraspidiform heterostracans (Vertebrata, Agnatha) from the Devonian of Podolia, Ukraine, in the Theodor Vascautanu Collection, Bucharest, Romania. Acta Palaeontologica Romanniae 5:163-171 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90350: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.07.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)