Also known as "69 locality"
Where: Green County, Wisconsin (42.8° N, 89.6° W: paleocoordinates 21.2° S, 62.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Guttenberg Formation (Galena Group), Rocklandian (460.9 - 449.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Guttenberg Fm of the Galena Gp, which overlies the Platteville Fm, and is overlain by the Dunleith Fm. AGE: Middle Ordovician; here revised to Rocklandian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Collection is a composite of several beds within formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original phosphate
Collection methods: bulk, acetic, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: Derived from historic collections. REPOSITORY: Dept. of Geology & Geophysics, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Primary reference: D. L. Clark, J. K. Sorenson, and A. N. Ladd. 1999. Probable Microvertebrates, Vertebrate-like Fossils, and Weird Things from the Wisconsin Ordovician. Journal of Paleontology 73(6):1201-1209 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90362: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.07.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)