Also known as Mootwingee
Where: New South Wales, Australia (31.1° S, 142.4° E: paleocoordinates 15.8° N, 175.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Rowena Formation, Llanvirn (466.0 - 460.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Rowena Fm AGE: Darriwilian; here placed in Llanvirn to avoid orphaning. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Exact horizon unknown but probably from the middle to upper part of the formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified quartzite
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Jenkins in 1982
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: C. Jenkins. REPOSITORY: ‘Geology Museum’ at the Australian National University, Canberra (formerly Geology Department, ANU, now Research School of Earth Sciences).
Primary reference: G. C. Young. 2009. An Ordovician vertebrate from western New South Wales, with comments on Cambro-Ordovician vertebrate distribution patterns. Alcheringa 33:79-89 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90375: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.07.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)