Also known as PanCon A85-385C; Assemblage 2; Loc. 3 of Young (1997)
Where: Northern Territory, Australia (24.0° S, 133.4° E: paleocoordinates 14.6° N, 164.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Histiodella holodentata zone, Stairway Sandstone Formation, Llanvirn (466.0 - 460.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Stairway Sandstone, which overlies the Horn Valley Siltstone (Arenig) and is overlain by the Stokes Fm. AGE: Llandvirn or early Darriwilian, on the basis of conodont biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Basal member of the Carmichael Sandstone, about 20 m above the base of the formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Young
Collection methods: bulk, chemical, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: G. C. Young, 1980's. REPOSITORY: Commonwealth Palaeontological Collection, AGSO, Canberra, Australia.
Primary reference: G. C. Young. 1997. Ordovician Microvertebrate Remains from the Amadeus Basin, Central Australia. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 17(1):1-25 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90420: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 19.07.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)