Where: Argentina (30.8° S, 68.8° W: paleocoordinates 34.8° S, 132.7° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Eoplacognatus suecicus conodont zone, Los Azules Formation, Darriwilian (467.3 - 458.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the San Juan Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Whiterockian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the upper part of the formation.
•Bertero (f. 2) shows that this part of the old San Juan is now called the Los Azules formation. Also, stage now given as Darriwilian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, nodular limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Carrera
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTOR: Carrera, presumably in the early 1990's. REPOSITORY: Catedra de Estratigrafıa y Geologıa Historica, University of Cordoba.
Primary reference: M. G. Carrera. 2000. Epizoan-sponge Interactions in the Early Ordovician of the Argentine Precordillera. Palaios 15:261-272 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90431: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.07.2009, edited by Uta Merkel
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)