Where: Marion County, Oregon (45.1° N, 122.6° W: paleocoordinates 44.7° N, 113.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Abiqua Member (Scotts Mills Formation), Late/Upper Oligocene (28.4 - 23.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Abiqua Mbr of the Scotts Mills Fm, which conformably underlies the Marquam Mbr of the same formation. AGE: Late Oligocene STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the basal part of the member.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, tuffaceous, shelly/skeletal limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Linder; reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: R. Linder. REPOSITORY: UCMP, Berkeley.
Primary reference: R. A. Linder, J. W. Durham, and W. N. Orr. 1988. New late Oligocene echinoids from the central western cascades of Oregon. Journal of Paleontology 62(6):945-958 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Alroy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90569: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.08.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)