Where: Hughes County, Oklahoma (35.0° N, 96.4° W: paleocoordinates 7.4° S, 32.6° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Wewoka Formation, Moscovian (315.2 - 307.0 Ma)
• "middle shale of the Wewoka formation, from 25 to 75 feet below the sandstone"
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal, blue shale
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: replaced with hematite, replaced with other
Collected by G. H. Girty, J. A. Taff, G. I. Adams, R. D. Mesler; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (float),
• "free specimens, which have weathered out of the shales"
Primary reference: G. H. Girty. 1915. The fauna of the Wewoka Formation of Oklahoma. United States Geological Survey Bulletin 544:1-353 [P. Wagner/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90784: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 17.08.2009, edited by Matthew Clapham and Pete Wagner
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)