Where: Guangxi, China (22.0° N, 108.5° E: paleocoordinates 1.2° N, 104.1° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Shiti Reservoir Formation, Famennian (372.2 - 358.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Shiti Reservoir Fm, which lies conformably on the Xiaodong Gp (Middle Devonian) and is unconformably overlain by the Shikia Fm (Carboniferous). AGE: Famennian, on the basis of microfossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the upper part of the formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified chert
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NIGPAS
• COLLECTOR: Presumably the authors. REPOSITORY: Institute of Geology and Palaeontology, Academia Sinica, Nanjing, China.
Primary reference: Y. Wang, J. C. Aitchison, and H. Luo. 2003. Devonian radiolarian faunas from South China. Micropaleontology 49(2):127-145 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90911: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.08.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)