Where: England, United Kingdom (51.5° N, 2.6° W: paleocoordinates 40.9° N, 8.1° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Forest Marble Formation, Bathonian (168.3 - 166.1 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Forest Marble Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not stated. AGE: Bathonian; presumably on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the Boueti Bed.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; unlithified, shelly/skeletal limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the BMNH
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTOR: Presumably the authors, Underwood and Ward. REPOSITORY: BMNH, London.
Primary reference: C. J. Underwood and D. J. Ward. 2004. Neoselachian sharks and rays from the British Bathonian (Middle Jurassic). Palaeontology 47(3):447-501 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Alroy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 91451: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.09.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)