Where: Florida (26.7° N, 81.5° W: paleocoordinates 26.8° N, 81.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Caloosahatchee Formation, Early/Lower Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Caloosahatchee Fm for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Early Pleistocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within sequence.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, silty sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collected by Vokes & Vokes; reposited in the FLMNH, USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes and H. Vokes. REPOSITORY: Florida Museum of Natural History, USNM.
Primary reference: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. 2000. Catalogue of Tulane University fossil localities. Unpublished notes [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92337: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)