Where: Calhoun County, Florida (30.3° N, 85.2° W: paleocoordinates 30.6° N, 81.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Oak Grove Formation (Alum Bluff Group), Burdigalian (20.4 - 16.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Oak Grove Fm of the Alum Bluff Gp, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: late Early Miocene, on the basis of macro fossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown position within formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; unlithified, gray, green, calcareous sandstone and siliciclastic
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collected by Vokes & Vokes; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. REPOSITORY: FLMNH, USNM.
Primary reference: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. 2000. Catalogue of Tulane University fossil localities. Unpublished notes [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92506: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)