Where: Hinds County, Mississippi (32.2° N, 90.2° W: paleocoordinates 32.5° N, 83.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Byram Marl Formation, Early/Lower Oligocene (33.9 - 28.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Byram Marl, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Early Oligocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Vokes & Vokes; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes and H. Vokes. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. 2000. Catalogue of Tulane University fossil localities. Unpublished notes [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92540: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)