Where: Onslow County, North Carolina (34.8° N, 77.2° W: paleocoordinates 34.8° N, 71.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Silverdale Formation, Late/Upper Oligocene (28.4 - 23.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the "Silverdale beds", for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Late Oligocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Vokes & Vokes; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes and H. Vokes. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. 2000. Catalogue of Tulane University fossil localities. Unpublished notes [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92606: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)