Where: Highlands County, Florida (27.1° N, 80.9° W: paleocoordinates 27.2° N, 80.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Pliocene to Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 0.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Mixed; from Pinecrest beds ?=Pinecrest Mbr of the Tamiami Fm and the Caloosahatchee Fm. AGE: Late Pliocene-Early Pleistocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From uppermost Pinescrest beds (Brighton facies) and basal Caloosahatchee Fm.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collected by Vokes & Vokes; reposited in the FLMNH, USNM
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes and H. Vokes. REPOSITORY: Florida Museum of Natural History; USNM.
Primary reference: E. H. Vokes and H. E. Vokes. 2000. Catalogue of Tulane University fossil localities. Unpublished notes [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92693: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)