Where: Imperial County, California (32.8° N, 116.0° W: paleocoordinates 32.6° N, 114.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Imperial Formation, Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Imperial Formation, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Early Pliocene, based on existing (more recent) collections. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From lower division of Carrizo Formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Kew, English, Buwalda in 1912; reposited in the UCMP
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTORS: W.S.W. Kew, W.W. English, and J.P. Buwalda. REPOSITORY: UCMP.
Primary reference: G. D. Hanna. 1926. Paleontology of Coyote Mountain, Imperial County, California. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences 14(18):427-503 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 96539: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 11.06.2010, edited by Uta Merkel
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)